[Q] Samsung Camera: Extract Shot&More frames; SoundShot Audio; VirtualShot, etc.

Search This thread

Daniel x88

Jan 12, 2016
I recnetly tried to view some images on a Windows computer, that were shot with some shooting modes the camera application of some Samsung Galaxy smartphones. But everything that I can see with the picture viewer is the first frame. The picture files are much larger than a normal photo, because the other data is inside of it.

• Shot&More — Captures eight frames in row and saves them into one .jpg file. The gallery application is able to extract some effects from it, which can be exported into an additional picture: Drama Shot, Eraser, Best Photo, Best Face, Panorama Sport Scene. Unfortionately, not all extraction modes are compatible with all scenes.
  • SoundShot — Captures a photo and records the sound from the microphones and puts the audio track into the JPG file. The sound can be recorded before or after the picture was taken (but the EXIF Information does not include this information as far as I know). The maximum length of the audio track is ten seconds.
  • Selective Focus (introduced in S5): Shots two pictures with different focus settings, so that selecting a preferred focus setting after capturing the shot is possible:
    • Near focus: Obstacles near to the camera are visible sharply, while the background is unsharp.
    • Far focus: The background is sharp, while objects near to the camera are blurred
    • Pan focus: The complete photo is sharp, because the pan focus photo consists of the sharp parts from each frame
    • Blurred focus: The opposite of pan focus; everything is blurred.
  • Golf Shot mode (Note 3 only) — I am not sure, how it works, because I have not tried and investigated it yet.
  • VirtualShot (introduced in the S6) — Captures a 360-Degree View around an object, so that you can view it from every angle. You have to go around an obstacle with your camera.
  • Virtual Tour — Captures a Virtual Tour through the sphere, where you align your camera and go through the room. It also captures the path, where the tour goes — The viewer can navigate through the shot surrounding and see the path as a line. (This shooting mode does not exist on the S6 and newer. It was replaced by VirtualShot.)

Even IrfanView is unable to display all frames or play/extract the audio track of those picture files.
Is there any Windows software, that is able to extract the frames or produce the effects from a Shot&More picture or to extract the sound from SoundShot (lossless if possible), or etc. ?
It would be good, if it is OpenSource, but it does not have to be open-source, as long as it wours ;)

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.